Surf and turf that just got a makeover. Check out my keto surf and turf recipe that has herb butter and paired with a parmesan cauliflower risotto. This steak and shrimp recipe will be a great recipe for a weeknight meal at home, or to serve guests. It offers a stunning presentation value.
Surf and turf cauliflower risotto offers that must have steak and shrimp recipe with a lightened up so that won’t leave you feeling heavy or carb-loaded.
Surf and Turf
I cooked the steak and shrimp in an herb butter, which really bring so much flavor to the dish without being overpowering. Then as the steak and shrimp cook, you can work on your cauliflower rice risotto.
How to Cook A Perfect Steak
One key tip I found that set me up for some of the best steaks ever is this. Simply set your steak out 15-30 minutes before you plan to cook it. Allow it to warm up in temperature. It works fantastic, and will really enhance the taste and texture of your steak. The other tip is to liberally season with salt and pepper. Add in that flavor before it sears!
How To Tell If A Steak Is Done
Everyone has a preference for how their steak is cooked. For 10 minutes in oven, it will provide a medium steak. But if you want to pick and choose the doneness of your steak to go ahead!
- Rare | If you poke on the steak and the finger indent stays that means it is generally rare. It will be around 140 degrees in temperature.
- Medium Rare | For a medium-rare steak when you go to push on it, it will pop up rather fast, unlike the rare. This temperature needs to be around 145 degrees.
- Medium Steak | That is what the 10 minute cook time offers. You will find the steak offers a bit of a slower bounce back after you push your finger in it. There will be slight resistance. The temperature is 160 degrees.
- Well Done | For a well-done steak it will be 170 degrees and if you push on it, the steak will feel firm all over.
Do The Tails On The Shrimp Stay on Or Come Off For Surf and Turf Recipe
You can choose. Some people love leaving the tails on the shrimp so that it offers a pretty presentation when serving, and a place to hold on to when you eat. But, if you prefer an easier eating option, pull tails off or buy them without tails.
What Does Deveined Shrimp Mean
Deveined shrimp means that the little black vein up the back of the shrimp has been removed. If you find your shrimp have not been deveined before you cook you need to remove. With a pairing knife cut a slit at the top of shrimp. Then use a toothpick and place it under the vein and lift up. This will pull right out of the shrimp. Discard.
Then rinse your shrimp in cold water to help clean the shrimp before you start cooking with them.
How To Make Surf and Turf Cauliflower Risotto
Start by grabbing an oven-safe skillet. Then melt your butter and oil over medium-high heat. You want the pan to get nice and hot. Then season your steaks with salt and pepper and place them into the skillet. Add in the fresh herbs and sear steaks on all sides. Baste with the butter mixture as you cook. Then once steaks are done being seared toss in oven to finish cooking. Remove and allow them to cool on a rack for at least five minutes.
While the steaks are in the oven you can work on the cauliflower rice risotto. Melt your butter in the skillet, and add in your green onions, garlic, and saute for a minute. Then mix in your rice and saute around three minutes. Pour in the broth and heavy cream, and cook until the mixture absorbs most of the liquid. Then sprinkle with cheese and add salt and pepper to taste.
Once steaks are cooked you want to remove steaks from skillet and cook the shrimp in the same pan over medium-high heat. Cook until they are done, and then assemble your dinner.
Steak and Shrimp Recipe
This is such a super easy and tasty steak and shrimp recipe you should try today! Let me know how you like it!
Here are even more dinner recipe ideas
Herb Butter Surf and Turf with Parmesan Cauliflower Risotto
- For the Surf and Turf:
- 2 Filet Mignon 5 ounces each
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 2 sprigs fresh Rosemary
- 2-3 sprigs fresh Oregano
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10-15 Shrimp peeled and deveined
- For the Cauliflower Risotto:
- 3 cup Cauliflower rice
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 Chopped green onion stalks
- 2 teaspoon Minced garlic
- ¼ cup Heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup Chicken broth
- ⅓ cup Grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Freshly chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using an oven-safe skillet, melt your 1 tablespoon butter and olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Take your steaks and liberally season them with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place steaks in a hot pan, and then toss in the fresh herbs.
- Sear the steaks on all side and baste steaks in the butter sauce.
- Once they are seared transfer to the oven to bake for 10 minutes. When steaks are done sit on a baking sheet and let them cool for five minutes.
- While the steaks are in the oven you want to work on the cauliflower rice risotto.
- In a pan melt butter and add in green onions, minced garlic, and saute for a minute.
- Then add in your cauliflower rice, and saute an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add in your chicken broth and heavy cream and stir and allow it to cook down until the liquid is almost absorbed.
- Once done, sprinkle with parmesan and top with salt and pepper.
- Now in the same skillet, that you used for steak, place back on stove and heat over medium-high heat. Sear both sides of shrimp and cook until fully done.
- Then add 1/2 the risotto on a plate, top with steak and half the shrimp.
- Serve with parsley for garnish.
Pin this recipe for later: