Moist and flavorful Keto Chocolate Cupcakes with a Cream Cheese Frosting. This chocolate keto cupcakes recipe is so easy to make and uses a mix of almond and coconut flour. The mix offers the best texture and flavor for keto cupcakes.
I am always looking for keto-friendly desserts to add to my rotation. Plus these cupcakes are a super easy cupcake recipe you can make for birthday parties and more. Don’t decline your desserts, make a dessert that you can eat without feeling guilty about.
Keto Chocolate Cupcakes
I want to share tips and tricks to help set you up for success when making this chocolate cupcake recipe. Low carb cupcakes are a tasty dessert that your whole family can enjoy.
What Type of Frostings Work With These Chocolate Keto Cupcakes
- Cream Cheese Frosting | Use my cream cheese frosting below. You can add the cocoa for a chocolate flavor or leave it out for a more vanilla flavor.
- Regular Frosting | You can buy a store-bought keto-friendly frosting, and spread on, or make any regular frosting.
You are welcome to eat your cupcakes plain or top with any type of frosting you want. Just make sure if you want them to stay keto reach for a keto frosting.
Are These Keto Cupcakes Gluten Free
Yes. I use almond flour and coconut flour to replace regular all-purpose flour to drop down the carbs. So this is a gluten-free recipe that you can enjoy as well.
Can I Use Coconut Milk In Replace of Almond Milk
Sure. I have not tried using coconut milk but I don’t see why there would be an issue in this. Just use the same measurements as directed in the recipe and you should be fine.
Can I Double This Cupcake Recipe
Of course. This recipe makes 8 cupcakes. If you want to double the recipe go ahead. Just reach for a large enough bowl to hold the batter. Then make as many cupcakes as your heart desires.
Can I Swap Out Sweeteners In This Low Carb Cupcake Recipe
I really enjoy using Stevia and Swerve in my baking. But if you have another keto-approved sweetener that you might enjoy you are welcome to convert it into the recipe. Just make sure that you check to see what amount needs to be used, as each sweetener has different measurements.
Do Keto Cupcakes Freeze Well
They sure do. I have frozen these cupcakes many times and they thaw and eat just as good. Just make sure that you allow your cupcakes to fully cool. Place cupcakes in an airtight container or freezer bag. This is a great way to store the cupcakes and then pull out however many you want at a time.
Allow cupcakes to thaw on the counter then serve.
How To Make Keto Chocolate Cupcakes
First, you want to line muffin tins with oil or cupcake liners and preheat the oven. Then in a bowl add in all your dry ingredients. Whisk and set aside for later. Then in a new bowl add in your milk, butter, vanilla, and eggs and mix until well incorporated. Then slowly add in your dry ingredients and mix for another 2-3 minutes.
Spoon 14 of the mixture into the tins, and bake until the cupcakes are done. Remove and allow the cupcakes to cool before frosting. Now prepare the cream cheese frosting or use whatever frosting you want, and frost your cupcakes.
Do Keto Chocolate Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Need Refrigerated
If you use a cream cheese frosting, yes the cupcakes need refrigerated. The frosting will go bad rather fast if you leave them out on the counter. So make sure once cooled you place in the fridge for 3-4 days. These cupcakes will dry out as each day passes. If you don’t plan to eat right away, consider freezing.
Looking for more Keto Approved Desserts
- Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie | This recipe is so easy to make, and boy is it a dessert in a cup. Enjoy this any time of day for a tasty treat.
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Ice Cream Bites | A three-ingredient keto bomb that is going to rock your world. These little bite-size fat bombs are incredible on flavor.
- Blueberry Muffins | I call this dessert because I eat them any time of the day. Not just for breakfast as I run out the door. Try these muffins today!
Satisfy your sweet tooth with these Keto chocolate cupcakes
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon stevia extract powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- ⅔ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- spray oil
- 6 ounces of cream cheese (softened)
- 1 tablespoon of butter (melted)
- ⅔ cup of powdered stevia or swerve confectioners
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk (only if needed)
- Start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees. Line muffin tins or spray with oil to prevent sticking, and set aside.
- Then in a mixing bowl add in all your dry ingredients. Almond and coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, stevia extract, and salt. Mix and set aside.
- In a new bowl add in all your wet ingredients to mix with mixer. Eggs, almond milk, butter, vanilla extract. Mix for one minute or until all incorporated.
- Now you want to incorporate your wet ingredients with your dry, and mix until the batter is creamy.
- Using a measuring spoon measure out ¼ cup batter into each muffin tin.
- Now bake for 25 minutes or until the cupcakes are done and you can stick a toothpick in and it comes out clean.
- Start by taking softened cream cheese and butter and mixing on medium for 2-3 minutes or until nice and fluffy.
- Then add in cocoa powder, stevia, and vanilla extract and whisk until creamy.
- If it is too thick add a teaspoon of milk at a time.
- Once the frosting is right consistency frost the cupcakes with a piping bag or spread on top with a knife.
- Note: Add the frosting to the cupcakes, start by adding a dollop in the center of the cupcake. Hold the bag perpendicular to the cupcake. Going around the dollop in the center, start frosting the cupcake around the edge. As you complete a full circle, move the piping bag slightly inward to create the next circle, do that for another 2 more circles.
Pin this Keto dessert recipe for later: