Feed the whole family or a crowd with this keto chicken alfredo casserole with Brussel sprouts. Tender strips of chicken, in a creamy alfredo sauce paired with shredded Brussel sprouts for one indulging dinner dish. Cheesy, bubbly chicken alfredo bake that is low carb, keto friendly, and comforting. This recipe takes just 25 minutes to bake up.
Pasta is a weakness, but living the Ketogenic diet, that is a no-no. If you want to create your favorite chicken alfredo bake, then try out my keto chicken alfredo casserole with Brussel sprouts. The sprouts replace the pasta and let me say; you won’t miss the pasta at all!
Keto Chicken Alfredo Casserole
The prep of this recipe is seriously so simple. If you have leftover rotisserie chicken, you can easily use it for this recipe. I also tend to batch cook chicken and freeze portions, so I can head to the freezer and pull out some pre-shredded plain chicken to use for this recipe. Or if you don’t have chicken on hand cook some up, or buy grilled chicken breast strips that are pre-cooked.
If you love chicken alfredo, give my low carb chicken alfredo bake with Brussel sprouts a try, it is a great healthier version to treat yourself too.
How to Cut Up Brussel Sprouts for Chicken Alfredo Bake
Depending on where you live you might be able to buy pre-shredded Brussel sprouts in a bag in the produce section at your grocery store. If not, it takes just a few minutes to prep.
- Cut off the bottom portion “tough” of the sprout
- Remove any loose leaves around the sprouts.
- Then work on thinly slicing the sprout to make it resemble shredded lettuce.
On the hunt for more keto dishes
How To Pick Brussel Sprouts
If you are looking to cut up your own Brussel sprouts, let me share some pointers to help you pick the best sprouts! You can buy them on the stocks in some stores, and others have them removed from stocks.
- Bright green in color
- Feel that they have firmer heads
- Reach for smaller heads they tend to offer a sweeter taste
- Look for tightly packed leaves.
The biggest thing is to try to skip any sprouts that have spots or darker discolored leaves. Larger sprouts as well should be avoided.
Homemade Alfredo Sauce
I did create my homemade alfredo sauce for this low carb alfredo bake. With a few simple ingredients and a little cook time on the stove, you can whip up an easy alfredo sauce that will truly transform your dish. Jar alfredo can work if you find a lower carb sauce, but it won’t taste quite as good.
How to Make Keto Chicken Alfredo Casserole with Brussel Sprouts
Start by preheating your oven! Mix up the shredded Brussel sprouts and chicken together and pour into a greased pan.
Then in your saucepan add in butter and turn to medium-high heat. Saute your garlic for 30 seconds, then pour in your heavy whipping cream. Bring to a low boil and simmer for a few minutes until it begins to thicken. Add in salt and pepper to taste.
Remove sauce from heat and mix in your 1/2 cup of grated parmesan. Now you want to pour the alfredo sauce over the chicken and sprouts, stir well.
Then bake uncovered for 25 minutes or until the top is browned and bubbly. Then serve to your family.
Can You Freeze Chicken Alfredo Casserole
Unfortunately, the alfredo sauce will curdle a bit once it thaws from being frozen. So I don’t recommend making this and freezing any leftovers. If you don’t mind the texture difference, you could try and freeze a little and see how you like it.
Best Way To Store Leftover Chicken Alfredo Casserole with Brussel Sprouts
What I do is grab an airtight container and then scoop up any leftovers. It will keep for up to three days in the fridge. This is a great recipe to use for meal prepping for the week or have a quick dinner handy on nights you can’t work.
To reheat, you can do in the microwave or reheat in the oven. If you reheat in the oven cover the pan with aluminum foil to help it from drying out. Then heat till it is warmed through.
If you are a fan of alfredo, Brussel sprouts, and chicken, you will truly enjoy this dish. Give it a try and let me know how you like it!
Keto Chicken Alfredo Casserole with Brussel Sprouts
- 12 ounces shredded brussel sprouts
- 12 ounces. prepared grilled chicken breast strips cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter unsalted
- 3 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- freshly chopped parsley for garnish
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
- Take your pre-cooked chicken and shredded brussel sprouts and pour into a greased casserole dish. Mix around and set aside.
- Then in a saucepan on medium high heat, you want to add in your butter and let it melt.
- Next, pour in your minced garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Stir in your heavy whipping cream and bring it to a low boil. Allow it to simmer for several minutes to allow the sauce to thicken. Add in salt and pepper to taste.
- Next, you want to remove the pan from the heat and pour in the 1/2 cup parmesan cheese. Stir well until the cheese has melted.
- Pour your alfredo sauce over the chicken and stir well.
- Bake for 25 minutes uncovered until the top is bubbly and browned.
- Serve immediately. Feel free to garnish with parsley or serve without.
Pin this recipe for later: