I am always looking for easy low carb dinners that I can whip up in a pinch. Sometimes the less dishes I have to dirty the better. This KETO onion bomb recipe checks all the boxes and is literally the bomb! Meat and cheese with a flavorful onion, you will love this recipe that is under 300 calories.
How to make stuffed onions:
First go ahead and preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Next in a medium-sized bowl, combine the ground beef, Italian seasoning, pork rinds, Parmesan cheese and Worcestershire sauce. The egg is an optional binder, as the onion will keep the beef intact if you choose not to incorporate it.
- 4 medium-sized onions
- ½ lb ground beef
- 1 egg, optional for binding
- Italian seasoning, to taste
- ¼ cup pork rinds, ground up
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- 2 oz cheese, quartered - or more, as desired
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut off each end of the onion, peel it, and then remove the inner layers. (I found it easiest to do a criss-cross pattern with my knife and poke out each inner quarter of the onion.)
- Repeat with each onion and place in a casserole dish or baking sheet with a lip.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the ground beef, Italian seasoning, pork rinds, Parmesan cheese and Worcestershire sauce. The egg is an optional binder, as the onion will keep the beef intact if you choose not to incorporate it.
- Press about one tablespoon of the meat mixture into each onion (the exact amount you use will depend on the size of your onions). Press down with your fingers to compact the meat, and then insert a cube of cheese.
- Top the cheese and fill the onion with the meat mixture.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, until your desired level of doneness is achieved. These bombs were cooked for 45 minutes, a perfect medium cook that allowed the cheese to melt.
Pin this –>