This Keto taco casserole recipe is one of my families go to recipes. This cheesy casserole only takes five ingredients, which is another reason it’s a favorite. It is so quick to make, there are so many ways to eat it, and it satisfies my constant cravings for Mexican food on a low carb diet. I love to add different toppings to it and I feed it to my kids in tortillas!
Keto Taco Casserole
The entire family will love this taco casserole Keto dinner recipe.
How do you eat Keto at a Mexican restaurant?
There are lots of easy Keto options at a Mexican restaurant. One of my favorite things to order is fajitas (shrimp, chicken, or steak) without the taco shells. You will get a delicious meal and lots of Keto friendly topping options.
5 ingredient Keto Mexican casserole recipe:
Start by cooking the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat for 7 to 10 minutes. During this time go ahead and preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Can you eat ground beef on Keto?
Yes ground beef is Keto approved. In fact most seafood and meats are allowed on Keto and also low in carbohydrates.
Add 4 tablespoons of taco seasoning to the ground beef before it’s almost done. You can use low carb taco seasoning or make your own using my recipe here. (Do not add any liquid with the seasoning.)
Drain the excess grease from the ground beef. You can also use a paper towel to help blot any excess.
Place the cooked ground beef in the bottom of a square casserole dish.
Mix into the ground beef the salsa, 1 cup of cheese, and cottage cheese. Combine well in the casserole dish and flatten back out.
Top the casserole with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese. Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
Low Carb Mexican Beef Casserole
Now is the fun part it’s time to eat this yummy Mexican inspired casserole. There are so many creative ways to enjoy it, which is one of the reasons we make it so often in my house.
Low Carb Tortillas
or even make Low Carb Tortilla Chips
What is a low carb Mexican dish?
Looking for more low carb Mexican inspired recipes, check out a few of my favorites:
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1½ cups queso chihuahua cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 1½ cups cottage cheese
- 4 tablespoons low carb taco seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook ground beef in a skillet over medium heat for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Add 4 tablespoons of taco seasoning to the ground beef before it’s almost done. You can use low carb taco seasoning or make your own using my recipe for taco seasoning. (Do not any liquid with the seasoning.)
- Drain the excess grease from the ground beef. You can also use a paper towel to help do this.
- Place the ground beef in a square casserole dish.
- Mix together with the salsa, 1 cup of cheese, and cottage cheese.
- Mix well until combined and flatten it out in the casserole dish.
- Top the casserole with the remaining ½ cup of cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
Pin this low carb and keto recipe for later: