Lemon Poppyseed Keto Waffles are such a breakfast or brunch treat. These low carb waffles are bursting with a lemon and poppyseed flavor. The poppyseeds add such a fun look to these sugar-free waffles.
Start your morning off with a ketogenic diet recipe that will satisfy. Light, fluffy, and a slight crunch to the outside of the waffles. Add on a dollop of sugar free whipped cream, or a drizzle of sugar free syrup.
Keto waffles can be made in all types of ways. Today, it is all about the lemon poppyseed version. If you are a fan of the citrus paired with poppyseeds then this recipe was made for you. This is a healthy waffle recipe you can feel good about.
What Type of Flour Do You Use for Lemon Poppyseed Waffles Recipe
I reached for almond flour for this recipe. I found it was a fantastic base for the waffle batter. It formed well together and cooked up really nice. The best part of all is this low carb waffle recipe is so simple to make!
Can I Double The Waffle Recipe
Yes. If you are planning to serve a crowd or want to batch cook, go right ahead and make extras. You can keep them warm by turning the oven to like 200 degrees and then place waffles on a baking sheet and tuck into the oven. Then when they are all done serve warm waffles.
Can You Freeze Keto Lemon Poppyseed Waffles
Of course. Just allow the waffles to fully cool on a baking rack. Once they are fully cooled transfer to a cookie sheet. Lay them out in a single layer and place in the freezer. Let them get nice and hard, about 15-20 minutes, and then transfer to a freezer bag. Toss in the freezer and then pull one or more out at a time.
To reheat frozen waffles you can toss in the toaster for a quick reheat and keep that crunchy outside texture. Or opt for the microwave. This will give the waffles a softer texture.
How To Store Leftover Sugar-Free Waffles
If you don’t eat these all right after they are made, you can either freeze as directed above or store in the fridge. Just place in an airtight container or freezer bag. Then keep 2-3 days, and then discard any leftover. They will sog up a bit and become drier with each day.
How To Make Keto Waffles in Waffle Maker
Start by grabbing a bowl and mixing in all your dry ingredients. Mix until combined and set aside. Then in a separate bowl add in your eggs and whisk until they become foamy. Then add in your lemon juice, oil, milk, and whisk until all is combined. Next, slowly mix in your wet and dry, and lastly, add in vanilla and poppy seeds.
Now you want to spray down waffle maker with cooking spray. Let it get nice and hot and pour the mix into the iron and follow the waffle iron directions on how to cook.
Why Is My Waffle Soggy
A lot of times if you do not allow your waffle iron to fully warm up and get nice and hot, it can’t give you that crisp texture you want on the outside. So you have to allow it to heat. The other thing could be you are pulling the waffles out before it gets to crisp up on the outside.
How Do You Serve Waffles
- A drizzle of syrup (reach for a keto syrup) or even honey
- Fresh fruit
- A slab of peanut or nut butter
- Sprinkle of sugar free powdered sugar
Other Ketogenic Diet Recipes For Breakfast
New to the ketogenic diet? If so, or maybe you are bored with your current recipes. Check out these ketogenic diet recipes for breakfast below.
- Keto Egg Cups with Breakfast and Sausage | Double meat, and lots of protein to jumpstart the day in this tasty recipe!
- Everything Bagels | Love that savory everything bagel seasoning? Check out this recipe to make your own homemade bagels with the everything seasoning.
- Keto Pancakes | Love pancakes too? Check out this easy homemade keto pancake recipe that you can whip up in minutes. These are just as good as the waffle recipe here!
Lemon Poppyseed Keto Waffles
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp stevia extract powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg large
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp poppyseeds
- First grab a bowl and add in all of your dry ingredients - almond flour, baking powder, salt, and stevia. Mix and set it to the side.
- Then in a mixing bowl add in your eggs and whisk them until they are a foamy texture. Continue by adding in your lemon juice, coconut oil, and almond milk. Mix until it is all combined.
- Next you want to mix the dry with wet until the consistency is mixed. Then fold in the poppyseeds and vanilla extract. Let it set for two minutes.
- Preheat the waffle iron, and make sure to spray it with non-stick cooking spray. Pour mixture into waffle iron and bake according to your iron.
- Remove and serve hot.
Pin this Ketogenic recipe for later: