Keto Jam is a must-make for spreading on keto muffins, topping yogurt, and more. This strawberry keto jam recipe is so easy to make, you will love it. A sugar-free jam that is bursting with fresh strawberry flavor, added nutrients from chia seeds and hemp seeds.
If you are looking for a low carb jam, I have the best recipe. I will teach you how to make jam without sugar. I love to make keto jam because I know exactly what ingredients I am using, and what I am serving up my family.
I had a bunch of fresh strawberries on the counter the other day, and I just knew jam was on my list to make. So I grabbed my supplies and whipped up my favorite easy strawberry keto jam.
Why Do You Use Chia Seeds In Keto Jam Recipe
The chia seeds along with the hemp seeds in this recipe will help to thicken the jam. It will also be a great source of nutrients and protein that is added to the jam. Chia seeds are tasteless so you won’t really even notice them being in the jam. I think you will really like this keto chia jam.
How Do You Sweeten This Strawberry Jam Without Sugar
You will use the sugar-free syrup as the base. It will offer a thickness to help coat and thicken your jam. You are welcome to buy any of your favorite brands of syrup, just make sure that it is indeed sugar-free.
Can I Substitute The Sugar-Free Syrup in Sugar-Free Jam Recipe
I think you could reach for a sugar-free honey to replace the syrup in the recipe. I don’t think you would have many issues with it not converting. I have not tried this but don’t foresee it being a problem.
Can I Use A Different Fruit For This Keto Jam Recipe
Sure. You are welcome to use other fruits like blackberries, raspberries, or even blueberries. They have less sugar than other fruits which make them keto-friendly. Just remember to always eat this in moderation.
Ways To Use Keto Jam
- Spread on keto muffins
- Cloud bread
- Top yogurt
- Swirl into a low carb cheesecake
- Top low carb ice cream
- Spread on a layer of cake
- Dollop on top of oatmeal
There is no wrong way to eat this jam. Even if you are not on the ketogenic diet, you can really enjoy this jam in all the different ways. I treat this jam just like any other jam or jelly I use.
How Long Will Keto Jam Last
Because this is a recipe that isn’t meant for preserving you can leave the jar in the fridge for up to a week. Anything after that use your best judgment.
How To Make Keto Jam
Start with a small saucepan and add in your chopped strawberries and syrup. You will want to cook on low heat for five minutes or so. Then in the time, it is cooking down you will want to start mashing down the strawberries with a fork or spoon.
Then once the mixture begins to bubble add in the seeds to help thicken the jam. Cook on low for around five more minutes, stirring often. Work at breaking down the strawberries to remove any large chunks.
Let the mixture cool and then pour into an airtight container with a lid. I love using a glass jar for jam and jelly recipes.
Looking for More Keto Recipes And Tips
- Keto Egg Fast | Learn all about the keto egg fast. Learn what it is, how long to do it, and more. This is a great read for new ketogenic dieters.
- Easy Keto Pancakes | Spread this jam on top of the pancakes, or use a sugar free syrup to drizzle over the top. Either way, these pancakes are heavenly.
- Egg Cups | These egg cups use bacon and sausage. They give you that savory and protein-packed breakfast that will kickstart your day in a great way.
Can I Double This Low Carb Jam Recipe
Of course. If you are making a bunch for a large crowd visiting or maybe if you want to gift to loved ones, go right ahead. Just make sure you have a large enough pan.
Can You Freeze Keto Jam
Yes. Just leave in a jar with a little room at the top, so as it freezes you will find it expands a bit. Then freeze for up to three months. Then thaw in the fridge until thawed and then use like you normally would!
What will you eat with this Keto jam recipe?
Keto Jam Recipe
- 1 1/3 cups fresh strawberries washed and chopped into small pieces
- ¼ cup sugar-free syrup
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon stevia extract powder
- Grab a smaller saucepan and add in your syrup and then your cleaned and chopped strawberries. Turn the heat to low and cook for around five minutes. You will find the strawberries get a bit tender, and you can use a fork or spoon to begin mashing them up a bit.
- Then when you see the mixture begins to bubble add in the rest of the ingredients. The seeds will help to thicken the jam.
- Cook for five minutes more on low, and continue to mash the strawberries.
- Remove from heat, and then let cool a bit. Once cooled down, pour into glass containers and store in the fridge.
Pin this recipe for later: