Looking for a zucchini pizza crust that will deliver on flavor and texture? Here I have a keto zucchini pizza crust recipe that is out of this world good. With a few ingredients, you can whip up one incredible pizza. Add on your favorite toppings and bake to cheesy perfection.
When I think of keto, pizza isn’t the first thing that screams keto friendly. But, I can’t live in a world where I can’t have pizza. It just isn’t an option. Whipping up this low carb zucchini pizza crust has been a game changer. It is all the things I have been missing, and I will keep this in constant rotation in our home.
Zucchini Pizza Crust
With summer approaching I thought this was the perfect time to share this recipe. If you garden you know a zucchini plant supplies an abundant amount of produce. This recipe is a great way to use up your zucchini in a tasty way.
Craving More Low Carb Pizza Recipes
How Do You Make Zucchini Pizza Crust
The process is so easy, and you will be amazed at how well the crust holds up in the oven. Start by shredding your zucchini and mixing with egg, part of the mozzarella cheese, parmesan, and psyllium husk powder. Then add in your seasonings and mix until well combined.
Transfer to a greased pan and shape into a pizza crust. Then bake for 20 minutes, add toppings, and then bake for an additional 5-10 minutes to melt your toppings. Slice and serve just like regular pizza.
Pro Tips For Making Keto Zucchini Crust Pizza
- The biggest thing is to ensure you remove all excess liquid from the zucchini. Pat, it dry with a paper towel or even squeeze it out. This will offer a firmer texture to the crust. If you don’t remove the liquid it could fall apart on you as well.
- Don’t make your crust too thick. If you do make it a bit thicker, you will need to adjust the cooking time to ensure it cooks throughout.
- Leave Room At Edges so that the toppings don’t run over. Just like regular pizza, there is an outer crust. Remember that when you add on your sauce and toppings.
- Even crust results in an evenly baked crust.
Topping Ideas For Ideas For Pizza
- Meats – Pepperoni, ground beef, chicken, ground turkey, sausage, ham, Canadian bacon.
- Veggies – Onions, peppers, olives, mushrooms, pickled peppers
Mix and match your favorite pizza toppings to fit your preference.
Can You Freeze Zucchini Pizza Crusts
I am all about meal prepping when I can. I have found that you can freeze this pizza crust once it is baked. Simply bake as directed then allow the crust to cool.
Then wrap in aluminum foil and ensure it is fully sealed up, and place in the freezer. You can keep it frozen anywhere up to 1-3 months.
How to Cook Frozen Zucchini Pizza Crust
Start by pulling your crust from the freeze, then add on your favorite toppings and cook it frozen. Bake at 400 degrees for around 15-20 minutes or until it is warmed and the cheese on top is nice and golden brown.
Keto, Low Carb, Gluten Free, and Delicious
If you have dietary restrictions this pizza crust might swoop in and make your day a lot better. Gluten free, low carb, ketogenic friendly, and downright tasty. All the things we love.
What To Pair with Low Carb Pizza
Generally, when we eat pizza we just eat it alone or pair with a side salad. I find pizza is satisfying enough alone. Or if you want more you can add in a side of fresh veggies for that crunch factor.
How Long Will Zucchini Pizza Crust Last In Fridge
You can keep any leftover pizza for up to three days. Anything after that I would suggest tossing out as you run the risk of eating spoiled food and getting sick.
To warm up you can heat in the microwave, warm up on a skillet or add your slice of pizza into the oven to warm through.
Easy Weeknight Keto Dinner Recipe
This is truly an easy keto dinner recipe to consider making. I think you and your entire family could really enjoy it. Customize the toppings to fit your taste bud preferences and enjoy.
Have you ever tried a zucchini pizza crust?
Zucchini Pizza Crust - Keto Friendly
- 3 cup shredded zucchini
- 3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tablespoons psyllium husk powder
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup low carb pizza sauce
- favorite keto-friendly pizza toppings
- Start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, you want to add your shredded zucchini that you have pulled the moisture out of, 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese and then your psyllium husk powder. Then add all your seasonings, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and garlic into the mix.
- Use your hands and mix until it is well combined.
- Then take your zucchini mixture and pour out onto a greased pan. Shape around 12 inches across into a pizza shape. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool a few minutes then add on your sauce, rest of the mozzarella cheese, and then top with whatever toppings you want.
- Bake for another 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Slice and serve.
Pin this easy keto and low carb pizza recipe: