This versatile keto-friendly Fathead Dough can be used for rolls, pizza crust, bagels, breadsticks, buns or a mini bread loaf, and so much more! All of these versions have a cheese base of cream cheese and shredded cheese that is melted and then the rest of the ingredients are customized per type of recipe you’re making. Also, how the rest of the ingredients are mixed in can change the dough such as the bagel dough that is kneaded or pulsed in a food processor.
Find 10 more recipes using Fathead dough -> here!
Fathead Dough for Pizza
Fathead Pizza Dough
- 2 oz Cream Cheese cubed
- 1-1/2 cups Shredded Mozzarella
- 1 Egg beaten
- 3/4 cup Almond Flour
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Italian Seasonings, Dill, Rosemary, or other spices/herbs
- Parchment Paper or Silicone Baking Sheet
- Sheet Pan
- TOPPINGS (could include veggies like mushrooms, peppers, black olives or meats such as chicken, taco meat, or pepperoni) of your preference
- Turn oven on to 400*
- Place Cream Cheese and Shredded Mozarella in a microwave-safe bowl
- Microwave for 1-minute then stir, if it doesn't fully incorporate or you can see shredded cheese pieces then microwave 30-seconds and stir again (bowl and mixture will be very hot - use caution!)
- Stir in Egg, Almond Flour, and all of the flavoring/spices/herbs that you're using
- Wet your hands, or cover them in olive oil, and spread the dough onto the lined sheet pan. It should spread evenly with dough-like consistency
- Poke all over with a fork to avoid air bubbles
- Place in oven, bake for 8 minutes
- Check the dough for holes and poke any with a fork to puncture them
- Bake for an additional 12-14 minutes, or until browned on top
- Remove from oven and top with unsweetened tomato paste, a homemade keto-friendly sauce, or no sauce at all. Then add your pizza ingredients including shredded cheese
- Place back in the oven and bake for an additional few minutes until golden and crispy
Fathead Dough for Bagels
There are several variations of this recipe so it can be kneaded by hand, in a food processor, a nut-free version, and many more options to fit your tastes and dietary needs. The recipe can be found here at Low Carb Maven. I checked into a lot of recipes for bagels and this one has the most accessible ingredients of all of them, you probably have everything you need already in your kitchen.
To watch our video how to make these, you can view it here on YouTube
Fathead Dough for Rolls (version 1)
This version is really great for making sandwiches or to have on the side of a meal. Crunchy on the outside and softer on the inside (thanks to the cream cheese) these are yummy anytime! The recipe can be found here on How To… This and That’s website.
Fathead Dough for Rolls (version 2)
If you’re like me and don’t have a cast iron pan, these can be made in a pyrex, spring form pan, or even on a sheet pan (just know that the outside edges will brown and crisp more if they don’t have an edge to protect them from the heat of the oven). Because they bake side-by-side only the top and bottoms will toast and the rest of the rolls be left soft and moist. Great as a side with a meal, salad, and especially delicious with a bowl of soup. The recipe can be found here from Cast Iron Keto.
Fathead Dough for Breadsticks
Fathead Dough Buns or Mini Bread Loaf
Divide into buns or leave entire recipe whole for one mini bread loaf, recipe is here from LCHF Diva
Fathead Dough for…..
you fill in the blank! We all need to keep experimenting to see what we can come up with next! What is your idea? Tell me in the comments below
More Fathead Dough Recipes: