These Keto jalapeños poppers make a great appetizer, snack, or meal. They are a great appetizer for a party or to watch a big game even your non Keto and low carb friends will love these!
They take just a few minutes to make and only use a few ingredients. You can make them in the oven or an fryer – either way the turn out crispy and flavorful. You will love the delicious combination of jalapeños, cheese, and bacon!
Keto Jalapeño Poppers
If you like a little kick in your healthy appetizer, you’re sure to love these Keto stuffed jalapeño poppers. No stranger to flavor, this snack consists of fresh and juicy jalapeños, stuffed with cream cheese, bacon pieces, and taco blend cheese. No need to break away from that Keto lifestyle when you have this snack recipe at your disposal. They are definitely worth a burning tongue!
Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. View disclosure policy HERE.
Are Jalapeños Keto?
Yes jalapeños are very Keto and low carb friendly. One jalapeño has less than 1 gram of carbohydrates and has just 4 calories. Jalapeños have lots of health benefits too!
Can I make jalapeño poppers in an air fryer?
Yes these jalapeño poppers can be made in an air fryer or baked in the oven – I have included clear instructions for both processes. I love using my air fryer for this particular recipe because it makes the jalapeño poppers extra crispy.
An air fryer is a great appliance to have for a Keto and low carb diet. I have found so many delicious recipes to make with this kitchen appliance.
Does Boiling Jalapeños Take the Heat Out?
Boiling jalapeños does not remove the heat from them. In fact, sometimes it makes them even hotter, or will only remove a little bit of the heat. If you would like to try and lessen the spiciness of a jalapeño, simply remove the white colored ribs and seeds from the inside of the pepper. You can also submerge peppers in lemon lime soda for two hours in order to remove most, if not all of the heat from them.
Can You Freeze Jalapeños?
Yes, you can definitely freeze jalapeños, although, when thawed, they might not be as pretty as when they went in to the freezer. I would suggest freezing jalapeños in an airtight container or freezer bag. Removing as much air from the bag as possible would be an even better freezing environment for them.
Do Jalapeños Get Hotter the Longer They Sit?
The riper a jalapeño gets, the hotter it can get. Red jalapeños are riper than green jalapeños and can definitely be much hotter. If you’re wanting to pick up some jalapeños that might not be as hot, go for the green jalapeños with no striations (grooves or lines) on them. Striations are shown to indicate a hotter jalapeño as well. In my experience, sticking with green peppers that are void of striations results in a milder choice.
Tips for Making Keto Stuffed Jalapeños
- Be sure your cream cheese is softened before use. If it’s not, it will be impossible to stir in to the other ingredients and cause frustration. Trust me, been there, done that.
- If you prefer to cook your jalapeño poppers in the oven, simply cook them at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- If you don’t have time to cook bacon or you don’t feel like crisping up a few bacon strips, you can use real bacon bits instead. These have plenty of flavor and are still keto-friendly.
- If using the air fryer, be sure your jalapeno poppers are supported against each other. If you don’t have enough in the bottom of the fryer, they could be flipped and make a mess.
How to Make Keto Jalapeño Poppers
I make these in an air fryer (you can also make them in the oven), in an air fryer they cook up much faster, making for a more easily accessible and convenient snack.
Begin by halving your jalapeños long ways and removing the insides – mainly the seeds. In a large bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, bacon, and taco blend cheese – mixing until well combined.
Spoon about two tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture into each jalapeño half then set them in the air fryer.
Bake at 375 degrees for 5 minutes. As soon as they’re finished, sprinkle some extra taco blend cheese over the top and allow to cool. Then, enjoy your delicious treat, or meal, if you prefer.
If you enjoy your spicy foods, you’re sure to enjoy these Keto Stuffed Jalapeños!
Other Keto Snack Recipes You’ll Love:
- Spicy Keto Popcorn Chicken
- Keto Garlic Cheese Biscuits
- BLT Keto Turkey Roll Ups
- Keto Everything Bagels
- Keto Egg Cups with Bacon
- 6 Large Fresh Jalapenos
- 3 ounces Cream Cheese softened
- 1/3 cup Bacon Crumbles
- 1/3 cup Taco Cheese Blend
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- If you are using your oven preheat it to 400 degrees Fahrenheit or get your Air Fryer ready to go!
- Cut the jalapeños in half long ways and remove the insides.
- In a medium size bowl, combine all the other ingredients and mix well.
- Stuff the inside of each jalapeno with approximately 1 1/2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture.
- If using an Air Fryer place one layer in the fryer and cook at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes.
- If using the oven bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven / air fryer once crispy and sprinkle with extra cheese if desired!
Pin this post for later: