One Pan Cajun Chicken and Vegetables is a Keto dinner recipe you don’t want to pass up. Cajun seasoned chicken legs, with asparagus, squash and peppers, all baked on a sheet pan. This recipe is a healthy Cajun chicken recipe you won’t feel guilty about later.
When you first begin the Ketogenic diet you might feel you are limited on what you can eat. But once you begin searching for recipes you will find ways to fill those cravings and voids you have. This easy one pan dinner is quick to make and bursting with flavor. I never feel deprived when I make recipes like this.
One Pan Cajun Chicken
If you are on the hunt for a new chicken recipe, try this! Cajun seasoning, oregano, and a little salt and pepper is all you need to season.
Craving More Keto Dinner Recipes
- Instant Pot Keto Recipes | Here are 20 Instant Pot Keto Recipes for you to consider. I love lists of ideas, as it helps get me out of the rut of eating the same meals over and over.
- PF Changs Lettuce Wraps | Who says you can indulge on keto? This recipe feels like an indulgent but it stays right on course to a low carb dinner.
- Onion Bombs | If you are a fan of onions, give this recipe a try. A stuffed onion that is cooked to golden perfection.
What Type of Chicken Do You Use For Cajun Chicken
For this recipe I used chicken legs. You are welcome to swap out for a different cut of chicken, you just need to adjust the cook time to ensure you have fully cooked chicken when you serve it up.
Just remember if you have thicker pieces of meat they will take longer to reach proper temperature. I recommend buying a meat thermometer to ensure internal temperature.
Can I Change Veggies On Keto Sheet Pan Recipe
Yes. Feel free to swap out any or all vegetables on your Keto sheet pan recipe. Just ensure the veggies are lower carb if you want to stick to the Keto recipe. Or if maybe you don’t mind carbs, reach for any vegetables you want.
Can I Double This Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
Yes. You can make as much or as little as you would like. Simply adjust to how many people you plan to serve. This recipe as is will serve 4-6.
Veggies in Sheet Pan Chicken Recipes
- Yellow Squash | This squash is Yellow Squash high in fiber and water, and so delicious. You could also add in some zucchini or swap it out.
- Peppers | Bell peppers off a hint of sweetness I feel to the dish to help blend the cajun seasoning a bit. If you like spice you could always slice up a jalapeno and pair with the veggies.
- Asparagus | A great summertime veggie that is so versatile. It blends nicely with the Cajun spices and chicken. A low carb and hearty veggie that will fill you up.
How To Make Sheet Pan Cajun Chicken and Vegetables
Start by preheating your oven. Then on a sheet pan, you will lay out all the vegetables that you prepped and chicken. Then in a bowl add in all your seasonings and mix. Then sprinkle over the veggies and chicken.
Bake for about 30 minutes or until the chicken juices run clear and you have an appropriate internal temperature of chicken legs.
Watch this quick video of how to make these Keto sheet pan meal:
Best Way To Store Leftover Sheet Pan Chicken and Vegetables
This is a great dish to use to meal prep for lunches or even dinners later on in the week. I just allow the mixture to cool and then transfer into single serve containers or one large container. Then for lunches, you can grab and go, or toss in the microwave to reheat for a quick dinner.
What To Pair With Sheet Pan Cajun Chicken and Veggies
- Cauliflower Rice | A great side that will keep you focused on the low carb track. Add the veggies on top and it will help to season the cauli-rice.
- Cauliflower Mash | This will give you that creamy texture like mashed potatoes. I have done this before when we had guests over and it paired nicely.
- Salad | Maybe you want something light next to it. Consider making a tossed salad or chopped salad.
This dish is great on its own, but if you want more to go with it these are a great starter idea for sides.
Keto One Pan Cajun Chicken And Vegetables
- 6 chicken legs
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- ½ to 1 pound asparagus, cut into three pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Arrange chicken and vegetables on a baking sheet. Sprinkle seasoning over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear.
Pin this easy Keto recipe for later: