Everyone raves about this Keto taco pizza recipe. Delicious taco and Mexican flavors in a low carb pizza. I mean really you just can’t go wrong with the combination!
Keto Taco Pizza Recipe
This low carb pizza recipe makes an easy dinner or a great party appetizer. It would be fun to do a taco pizza bar and then have keto friendly toppings available to add to the already cooked pizza. See a few topping suggestions below. My kids are especially obsessed with this recipe and I really can’t say that I blame them. The taco flavors and the crunch of the crust make it so yummy!
Keto Taco Pizza Using Fathead Dough
How to make Fathead dough
This recipe uses cheddar in the fathead dough crust. I have made fathead dough many times before and it’s great because there are so many combinations. Original fathead dough recipe -> here.
First you will want to preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
Then combine cream cheese and 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese in a microwaveable bowl. Heat for 30 seconds and then stir, heating for 20-30 seconds 3-4 more times so cheese stirs together easily.
Add in baking powder, salt, dried cilantro, and egg and stir to combine. Stir in almond flour. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Once you take the dough out of the refrigerator you will want to roll the chilled dough out between two sheets of parchment paper. Rolling the dough out should form a flat crust for the pizza.
Bake dough for 7-8 minutes and then carefully flip over and bake the second side for 2-4 minutes.
Yum! Fathead dough is one of my favorites on the Ketogenic diet and you can create so many recipes with it.
Want more Fathead dough recipes, find them -> here!
Inspired by a Keto take on Taco Bell’s Mexican Pizza
Next for the toppings. You will want to brown ground beef. Mix the taco seasoning and then add to the ground beef. You can use my Keto friendly taco seasoning recipe found here. Or you can buy a keto friendly brand at the store, but it really is easy to make your own.
Add in 1/3 cup of water to the meat and seasoning. Continue to stir to combine and let simmer until most of the water is gone.
Top the pizza crust with salsa, a sprinkling of cheese, and then the taco meat and remaining cheese. Sprinkle with tomatoes and then bake for 3-4 minutes until cheese has melted.
Finally remove from oven and top with shredded lettuce, sour cream and any other toppings low carb toppings that you would like.
Other Keto Taco Pizza topping ideas:
Greek Yogurt (instead of sour cream)
Low Carb Tortilla Chips
This recipe is a hit because it mixes two of everyones high carb guilty pleasures – pizza and tacos!
If you love this low carb taco pizza recipe then check out these recipes:
Keto Taco Pizza Recipe
- To Make The Fathead Crust:
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro
- To Make The Pizza Topping
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 tablespoons taco seasoning find my taco seasoning recipe or use a low carb option
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 small vine ripe tomato chopped
- Pizza toppings optional:
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- shredded green lettuce
- hot sauce
- low carb tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine cream cheese and 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese in microwaveable bowl. Heat for 30 seconds and then stir, heating for 20-30 seconds 3-4 more times so cheese stirs together easily.
- Add in baking powder, salt, dried cilantro, and egg and stir to combine. Stir in almond flour. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll dough out between two sheets of parchment paper.
- Bake dough for 7-8 minutes and then flip over and bake second side for 2-4 minutes.
- Brown ground beef. Mix taco seasoning recipe and then add to the ground beef. Add in ¼ cup to 1/3 cup of water. Stir to combine and let simmer until most of the water is gone.
- Top the pizza crust with salsa, a sprinkling of cheese, and then the taco meat and remaining cheese. Sprinkle with tomatoes and then bake for 3-4 minutes until cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven and top with shredded lettuce, sour cream and any other toppings you’d like.
Pin this recipe for later: